Yesterday we posted a picture of this cheesecake on Facebook or Twitter, accidentally in honor of National Cheesecake Day. (Pretty great accident, huh?). You hungered for the recipe, and here it is!
*NOTE: This recipe contains eggs and dairy. If you cannot eat eggs and/or dairy,
Please Pass the Tofu
and Happy Herbivore
have some fabulous vegan versions that also use silken tofu.
½ package of Morinaga Silken Tofu in Soft
~2tbsp of water
5oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbsp lemon juice
¾ cup condensed milk
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp corn starch
1 pie crust, unbaked
fruit preserves or canned fruit pie filling of choice (we used cherry pie filling), for fruit topping
sugar for sweetening fruit topping, if necessary
And what's better than cheesecake? TWO cheesecakes! Recipe can easily be doubled to make two pies and use up the entire package of tofu.
1) Puree the tofu with water in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2) Mix with cream cheese and sour cream until fully blended. This can be done by hand—no need for a blender or mixer.
3) Slowly add egg yolk, condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and cornstarch while mixing until everything is smooth.
4) Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
5) Cool in the fridge for at least a half-hour. A full day is best!
6) Serve topped with fruit preserves or pie filling of choice.
Did you know it was National Cheesecake Day yesterday? Did you celebrate with cheesecake? Let us know if you try this cheesecake recipe, and tell us what you think!